Howrah (also spelled Haora) is a city in the Indian state of West Bengal. Howrah is located on the west bank of the Hooghly River across from the twin city of Kolkata. Administratively, it is located in Howrah County and is the seat of the Howrah Sadar Division. It is part of an area administered by the Kolkata Urban Development Authority. Howrah is a major transport hub and gateway to Kolkata and West Bengal. lexical The name comes from the word Haor - the Bengali word for a swampy river lake, sedimentary is a depression where water, mud and organic debris accumulate. The word itself is used more in the eastern part of Bengal (now Bangladesh), than in the western part (now West Bengal). Story The history of Howrah town dates back more than 500 years, but the district is located in an area that once belonged to the ancient Bengali kingdom of Bhurshut. The Venetian explorer Cesare Federici, who traveled in India from 1565 to 1579, mentioned a place called Buttor in his diary around 1578. According to his description, it was a place called Buttor. where large ships could navigate (perhaps the Hoogli River) and possibly a Trade Port. This place can be identified with the modern district of Bator. Bator is also mentioned in the Bengali poem Manasamangal written by Bipradas Pipilai in 1495. In 1713, the Bengal Council of the British East India Company, when Emperor Farrukhsiyar, grandson of Aurangzeb, ascended to the Delhi throne, sent him a delegation with a petition for a colony of five thrones. village on the west bank of Hooghly. . river with thirty-three villages on the east bank. The list of villages is included in the Council's advisory book of 4 May 1714. The five villages on the west bank of the Hooghly River are: 'Salica' (Salkia), 'Harirah' (Howrah), 'Cassundeah' (Kasundia), 'Ramkrishnopoor' (Ramkrishnapur) and 'Battar' (Bator): are all identifiable to localities in the modern city of Howrah. The delegate succeeded in subtracting these five villages. In 1728, most of present-day Howrah County was part of one of two zamindaris: Burdwan or Muhammad Aminpur. On October 11, 1760, after the Battle of Plassey, the East India Company signed a treaty with Mir Qasim, Nawab of Bengal, to take control of Howrah district. In 1787, the district of Hooghly was created, and in 1819 the entire area of ??what is now Howrah district was added. Howrah County was split off from Hooghly County in 1843. Find and hire a top agency or company for your next big project related to Digital Marketing, Advertising, Social Media Marketing, Content Writing, Market Research, PR, Email Marketing, Mobile App Development, Web Design, Web application development, Media Planning and many more in India and other countries on AgencyNetwork.