Crafers is named after David Crafer, who arrived in Adelaide in 1838 and moved to the area. With his wife, he founded an inn, the Sawyers Arms, in 1839, three years after the founding of the colony of South Australia. He then built the Norfolk Arms on 16 acres (6 hectares) in 1840 with 150 party seats. He moved to Adelaide and sold the Norfolk Arms in 1842 when it was called The Crafers Inn. A new hotel was built on the site in 1880, which survived into the 21st century as The Crafts Inn, but the original building burned down in 1926. At the time, the area at the foot of nearby Mount Lofty was known as the Tiers, famous for being frequented by many Tiersmen and loggers fleeing the Adelaide government. The historic Crafers Elementary School was founded in the area in 1865 by Mr. Edward Smith. The school was originally located on a small premises on Atkinson Road, then moved to its current location on Piccadilly Road in 1928. The historic brick and stone building opened on August 31 of the same year. The late 1970s saw a major modernization of the school's facilities under Principal Allan Stanley-Smith, including the construction of Ruth Beare Hall in 1976 named for Ruth Beare, who taught at the school from 1937 to 1944 and from 1947 to 1975. Epiphany Church, Epiphany, Crafers has played a prominent role in neighborhood life since its construction in 1878 on the site. land donated by Henry Scott. View of the Crafers . intersection For many years, Crafers was famous as the starting point of the South East Highway linking Adelaide to the city of Murray Bridge and the Princes Highway to Melbourne. It was not until 2000 that the Heysen Tunnel project was completed to extend the motorway to Glen Osmond on the outskirts of Adelaide. Before the tunnel opened, the winding road from Adelaide to Glen Osmond via Eagle On The Hill was frequented by horrific vehicle crashes, often involving tractor-trailers. Mount Lofty Botanical Garden is nestled in the hills behind the Crafers. The gardens, which opened in 1977, include a variety of plants native to Europe and Australia, and they are most beautiful in spring. On February 16, 1983, Crafers was hit hard by the Ash Wednesday wildfire. Many homes adjacent to bushland on the western side of the suburb were destroyed (along with the Anglican Theological College and St Michael's House Priory) when the fire broke out in Cleland National Park, and the devastation would be much worse. if a change in weather had not occurred by the time Crafts Township was threatened. A memorial on Mount Lofty Summit is dedicated to those in the Adelaide Hills who lost their lives that day. Crafers is administered by the Adelaide Hills Council and is located in the Bragg State Constituency and the Mayo Federal Constituency. Crafers West is located in the Heysen State Electoral District. Find and hire a top agency or company for your next big project related to Digital Marketing, Advertising, Social Media Marketing, Content Writing, Market Research, PR, Email Marketing, Mobile App Development, Web Design, Web application development, Media Planning and many more in Australia and other countries on AgencyNetwork.